My day job is in a library, and I do try to keep up with lots of different types of books, including children’s books. I have recently rediscovered the joy of picture books while preparing for one of my outreach programs at a daycare center for developmentally disabled adults. If you have a child or someone in your life who loves picture books, here are five of the best ones I’ve read recently:
1. Otter Goes to School by Sam Garton
2. Secret Agent Splat! by Rob Scotton
3. Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea by Marcus Pfister
4. Naughty Mabel Sees it All by Nathan Lane
5. Penguin in Love by Salina Yoon
These books all have amazing, eye-catching illustrations and fun stories. But best of all, they are great books to read aloud. Check them out from your local library!