I can’t believe the year is almost over. It’s been a huge year of growth and discovery for me, and while that process is never-ending, I’m so grateful for the lessons I’ve learned and the people I’ve met on my journey this year.
In terms of the writing life, there have been a few milestones:
- I finished my novella Suburban Secrets (stay tuned for more information about this project in 2020!)
- My poem “The Vanishing Act” appeared in Down in the Dirt Magazine.
- My story “Appendix A” was published by Clever Magazine.
- My story “St. Isabelle’s Downfall” was published in Fiction on the Web.
- “The Aftermath of Giving Up” finally found a home in The Scarlet Leaf Review.
- I have many pending submissions with a variety of online and print publications.
- Ephemeral Elegies has launched – This is a poetry-centered publication I’m running to help support new and emerging poets.
So, what’s in store for 2020? I hope to be a lot more consistent when it comes to writing and submitting. I’m also going to be putting a lot of energy into Ephemeral Elegies and poetry in general. When I was younger, I wrote to escape into a different world and explore new ideas and emotions. I feel like I’ve lost a lot of that. While I loved college and my MFA experience, writing became a performance for others. My main writing goal for 2020 is to go back to writing the subjects, styles, and forms that make me feel most alive. And for now, that means poetry.
As always, thanks for reading.
6 thoughts on “2019 – a Year in Review”
You accomplished a lot in 2019. Have a wonderfully poetic 2020!
Congratulations, Tiffany! That’s an impressive list. I look forward to reading more and learning. Happy New Year.
Thanks! Happy New Year to you too!
congratulations on yr successes; keep on submitting,